Currently Hiring: Head of Sales
Kawada Australia - Head of Sales
What we’re looking for:
Kawada Australia is looking for a dynamic Head of Sales to define and drive our sales strategy as we strive towards ambitious growth targets. The Head of Sales will be an integral part of Kawada Australia’s tightly knit team working closely with the Managing Director & Operations and Account Managers. You will be the driving force behind sales, account management and our overall growth-path.
A bit about us:
Kawada Australia is a new joint venture between Japan’s largest independent toy wholesaler (Kawada Japan) and their long-time Australian partner (Key Distribution).
Kawada Australia is focused on wowing our customers with unique toys and gifts. We are a small distributor but we achieve big things. With over 1 million products already delivered to customers we are on a mission to deliver 1 million more by 2020. As the exclusive distributor of a suite of popular brands Kawada Australia adds small moments of joy to hundreds of thousands of customers every year.
What we want you to do:
- Define our strategy for growth.
- Write the company sales plan.
- Implement sales processes and systems.
- Mentor our existing Account Manager.
- Foster relationships and position for our brands with our loyal group of existing retailers.
- Establish and develop relationships with national retailers.
- Work with our suppliers to select the product mix that is right for our market.
- Overall you will take complete ownership of all things sales.
A typical month for the Head of Sales might have included the following tasks and more:
- Traveled interstate to build on our relationships with retailers.
- Presented a proposal to a retail partner resulting in an in-store promotional event for one of our brands.
- Worked collaboratively with our existing account manager to define and execute sales campaigns.
- Updated the team about all things sales at our weekly team meeting.
- Drafted and submitted product submissions to two major national stores. Negotiated with a major department store to secure favourable positioning in their Christmas plans.
- Reviewed sales data to identify new opportunities and to catch retailers who are falling through the cracks.
- Worked with our Operations Manager to finalise plans for an upcoming trade show.
- Defined our strategy for finding and converting potential new accounts.
Who you are:
- A confident communicator and tactful negotiator who never hesitates to reach out in person, phone and email.
- 5 years+ experience as a sales/account manager in a consumer product business.
- Bring existing relationships within the toy and gift industry.
- Confident in implementing sales methodologies and processes in a new business.
- Experienced at launching and growing new products and brands.
- Entrepreneurial, motivated and a problem solver.
- Enjoys the chance to work across a wide variety of tasks in a smaller business environment.
- Most importantly, you will be passionate, motivated and have the desire to be a major contributor to the company.
Why you should work with us:
- Free toys! Your nieces and nephews will love you at Christmas.
- Competitive compensation including base + super + incentive.
- Play a pivotal role in a dynamic company.
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus the day off for your birthday.
Where are we located:
Our office is located in Thornbury Melbourne.
We will consider interstate and remote working candidates.
This job requires occasional interstate travel.
Overseas travel opportunities.